Time Trial No.2

Time Trial No.2

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Time Trial No.2

I can tell you that the new equipment definately did help. This race was along a dual-carriageway, which I had never done before, it also had two-lane roundabouts, I don't know how they work because I don't drive. My goal was under 30 minutes, and this is over 3 minutes faster than my first 10 mile time trial, but I had some new equipment, so I was hopeful.
To get this time, I would need to do 32km/h. I started well, staying over 32km/h but for about 1km before the turn, I started to slow down, towards 27/28km/h. I thought that I was just tiring, and started to worry. I went round the turn and realised that it was just the wind, I was going at 36km/h! I didn't keep this pace but kept a good one. I crossed the line, and went to HQ, my time was 29.52 minutes. I came last though, a few seconds behind the pack.

No comments: